Re: [patch] Problem with mousedev.c

From: Zephaniah E\. Hull (warp@mercury.d2dc.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 11:04:40 EST

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 04:59:22PM +0100, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:32:57AM -0500, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> > Sadly, if PS/2 mice are any indication, mouse makers /will/ manage to
> > fuck things up on enough popular mice under USB as well, and there needs
> > to be a place to shove the dirty hacks needed to make things Just Work
> > for users..
>
> That place would be hid-input.c and psmouse.c. NOT mousedev.c.

Agreed, at the moment my patch for dealing with the A4 mouse hits three
files in the HID layer, and is not the cleanest, however it is attached
for reference.

Now if I could only find (better) documentation on the various PS2
protocols to find one that has in the spec itself handling for multiple
wheels..

--
	1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801

"I would rather spend 10 hours reading someone else's source code than 10 minutes listening to Musak waiting for technical support which isn't." (By Dr. Greg Wettstein, Roger Maris Cancer Center)