(no subject)

From: netdev-bounce@oss.sgi.com
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 23:45:07 EST

> '50 clients *each* streaming at ~4.4MBps', better make that clear,
> otherwise something is *very* broken. Also mention that you have an e1000
> card which does not do outgoing checksumming.

just to clearify

s/MBps/Mbps/
s/bps/bits per second/

> You'd think that a kernel would be able to do 250megabits of TCP checksums
> though.
>
> > ...adding the whole profile output - sorted by the first column this
> > time...
> >
> > 905182 total 0.4741
> > 121426 csum_partial_copy_generic 474.3203
> > 93633 default_idle 1800.6346
> > 74665 do_wp_page 111.1086
>
> Perhaps the 'copy' also entails grabbing the page from disk, leading to
> inflated csum_partial_copy_generic stats?

I really don't know. Just to clearify a little more - the server app uses
O_DIRECT to read the data before tossing it to the socket.

> Where are you serving from?

What do you mean?

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester
ProntoTV AS - http://www.pronto.tv/

Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working when you open Windows.