Re: Crunch time continues: the merge candidate list v1.1

From: Rob Landley (landley@trommello.org)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 18:31:29 EST

On Sunday 27 October 2002 19:29, Rusty Russell wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:03:46 -0500
>
> Rob Landley <landley@trommello.org> wrote:
> > but this is what's currently being submitted for consideration.
>
> Huh? By whom?

The name in parentheses after the list. Posted to linux-kernel with some kind
of note saying "I want this in 2.5". I've been trying not to make too many
judgement calls about the patches themselves. (I know that bloats the list a
bit, but I'm only maintaining it for another day at most, probably less.)

> My hope is that Linus can still freeze, but exempt any which he feels are
> worthwhile, since some of them are fairly invasive and take some care to
> coordinate (hence have missed out in the last month).

He'll do that anyway. I'm just trying to put together a list so he can
explicitly turn everything he doesn't want down rather than just losing it in
the suffle.

I'd be amazed if even half of this list makes it in. It's quite possible none
of it will.

> I think I'll keep my own list, thanks.

Sure thing.

> Rusty.

Rob

--
http://penguicon.sf.net - Terry Pratchett, Eric Raymond, Pete Abrams, Illiad,
CmdrTaco, liquid nitrogen ice cream, and caffienated jello.  Well why not?