Re: The return of the return of crunch time (2.5 merge candidate list 1.6)

From: Hans Reiser (reiser@namesys.com)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 19:27:15 EST

Rob Landley wrote:

>>Oh, and it has features too, not just performance....
>>

>I'm all for it. I just can't put a patch on the list that doesn't exist yet.
>(I suppose the entry could say "go bug Hans for a patch"... :)
>
>I'll think of something...
>

>>Hans
>>

>Rob

Thanks. The guys will hopefully put a very beta patch (for developers
only) on our download page sometime today (I am getting on an airplane
to the USA, and leaving this to them), and a release appropriate for
acceptance as an experimental filesystem will ship Halloween day.

We want to make one last disk format change before it goes into the
kernel.;-) Yes, I know, plugins make disk format changes easy, but I
still don't want there to be plugins that were only used for one week if
I can avoid it, and our holding a final comprehensive disk format review
on Friday found something better changed.

Read performance got worse, and write performance got better. We'll
have updated benchmarks on our website by the end of the day.

Hans