Re: [RFC] CONFIG_TINY

From: Daniel Phillips (phillips@arcor.de)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 16:45:51 EST

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 21:51, Rasmus Andersen wrote:
> The purpose of this mail is to get feedback in form of further
> areas where kernel size could be reduced, to learn if others
> are looking at some of these points and to see if I get some
> of the aforementioned 'never going to make it' noises.

Well, actually the main point is to get the CONFIG_TINY symbol into
mainline, even if it doesn't do much at first. That in itself will
be enough to inspire various artists to contribute their own
creative minimalizing hacks to the subsystems in which they have
specific expertise.

I'll bet you beer that some of the minimized subsystems eventually
supplant their more bloated brethren, as superior in every way.

--
Daniel