Re: over&out (Re: feature request - why not make netif_rx() a pointer?)

From: Gilad Ben-Yossef (gilad@benyossef.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 01:25:43 EST

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 00:59, jw schultz wrote:

> There would be little objection to their posting these
> irrelevant modifications here. The GPL only requires that
> they be made available. Stick them somewhere on your web
> site with an obscure link pointing to them.

<nitpick>

IANAL but AFAIK the GPL V2 requires you to either distribute the
source/patch together with the binary or include a *written* obligation
valid for three years to supply the sources to any thrid party.

So, for example, if you disribute the binary on a CD, or some embedded
device, sticking the patch somewhere on your web site with an obscure
link pointing to them is technicaly a violation of the GPL.

But as I said, this is just nitpicking... :-)

</nitpick>

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad@benyossef.com>
http://benyossef.com

"Geeks rock bands cool name #8192: RAID against the machine"