Re: BK is *evil* corporate software [was Re: New BK License Problem?]

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 16:36:42 EST

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Good thing for who?
>
> Good thing for Larry? I don't know.
>
> Good thing for us? I don't think so.
>
> Good thing for subversion developers? Definitely not.

Damn you. That thread got me to download subversion source and read it -
mistake I won't repeat any time soon. I've spent several months wading
through fairly disgusting code - block device drivers are not pretty,
ditto for devfs. I had more than once found myself grabbing Lovecraft
to read something that would be less nightmare-inducing. But _THAT_ takes
the fscking cake - I don't _care_ what Larry (or anybody else for that
matter) does to people who had excreted that code. No, wait - I _do_ care.
I want video of the... event.

I don't use BK, but you can be damn sure that I won't touch SVN. Ever.