USAGI STABLE Release 4

From: Yuji Sekiya (sekiya@linux-ipv6.org)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 04:09:16 EST

We are glad to announce the USAGI[1] STABLE RELEASE 4, dated on October 7th, 2002.
The release includes IPsec for IPv6, this is a big change from the previous
stable release. On this release we provide only usagi-2.4 kernel because we
feel linux-2.2 kernel becomes somewhat old and usagi-2.2 kernel is not our main
developing target.

The new or updated features are:

 ・瘢雹 based on the latest kernel, linux-2.4.19
 ・瘢雹 IPsec for IPv6
 ・瘢雹 IPv6 over IPv6 tunnel (HUT implementation)
 ・瘢雹 improved restricted double bind
 ・瘢雹 anycast address support for kernel
 ・瘢雹 based on the latest iputils-ss020124
 ・瘢雹 based on the latest netfilter-1.2.7a

We also fixed the following bugs of the previous release:

 ・瘢雹 behavior of double bind

Currently we are contributing patches of USAGI kernel to the main-line
kernel. Some of the improvements and features have already submitted
and accepted. We would like to continue submitting patches. Our goal
is completely merge of USAGI kernel features into the main-line
kernel.

You can get our complete kit which includes kernel tree, library and
applications from <ftp://ftp.linux-ipv6.org/pub/usagi/stable/kit/>

We also provide a patch against the main-line kernel and a tarball of userland tools.
<ftp://ftp.linux-ipv6.org/pub/usagi/stable/split/>

We have a plan to provide the binary packages for some distributions. They will
appear under <ftp://ftp.linux-ipv6.org/pub/usagi/stable/package/> within
several weeks. When it will be available, we will announce.

For the latest information on our web pages, please check our web site
<http://www.linux-ipv6.org>.

We have a mailing list for USAGI users. If you have questions, please join the
mailing list. Comments and advises are also welcome on that mailing list.
Please visit <http://www.linux-ipv6.org/ml/> for further information.

Thanks.

About USAGI Project

The USAGI Project is managed by volunteers and aims to provide better IPv6
environment on Linux freely. We are tightly collaborating with WIDE Project[2],
KAME Project[3] and TAHI Project[4], and trying to improve Linux kernel, IPv6
related libraries and IPv6 applications. Our snapshots are released every two
weeks and stable release is released several times a year. Please check our web
site http://www.linux-ipv6.org for the latest information.