Re: New BK License Problem?

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 17:16:32 EST

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Larry McVoy wrote:

> If you could have figured out a way to do the same amount of good that
> we are providing but in a more politically correct (i.e. GPLed) way,
> then why the hell haven't you?

Because ... Whining Is Easy (tm)

I'm running into this all the time, with discussions that go like:

Me: "It's hard to build a VM that does the right thing in
           every situation"

Somebody: "So why don't you build a separate desktop and server VM?"

Me: "Umm, what would those two need to do differently ?
           What functional difference would there be ?"

Somebody: "Dunno, I don't care, why don't you just do it and figure
           out the details later?"

These discussions tend to go downhill from there...

cheers,

Rik

Spamtraps of the month: september@surriel.com trac@trac.org