Re: Support for Mount Rainier / Packet Writing

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 16:57:43 EST

Well I have pressed the various legal departments in Mt-Rainer, and as
long as we do not attempt to do non-native operations we should be clear.

Specifically legal, no license required :

        MRW device and MRW media read/write is cool
        MRW device format and create GAA, to create MRW from CDRW.

Specifically illegal, without a license agreement :

        CDRW reading MRW media.
        Building applications to stuff into the GAA to perform above.

These are key points, and the working group core has been blind cc'd.

Regards,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group