Re: Unable to kill processes in D-state

From: Thomas Langås (tlan@stud.ntnu.no)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 05:59:17 EST

jw schultz:
> I stand corrected. The load average reported will reflect
> them. The D-state processes, however, will have nearly zero
> effect on the system performance, yes? So in this case the
> load average reported is simply an infated number.

They won't have any effect on the system, but the load number is
insane (we have a 2 CPU intel-boks with a load number of 480)
and there's like 200-300 (or more) processes hanging in D-state
with they're FD's and stuff. There _really_ should be a way
to remove all theese processes, Solaris does this nicely.

--
Thomas