keyboard/mouse "freeze" with uhci error in logs

From: crozierm@consumption.net
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 02:58:59 EST

Hello,

I'm trying 2.5.40 and frequently my keyboard and mouse are "freezing",
usually accompanying a change in the console (exiting xfree86 or
switching virtual consoles). Otherwise everything is fine, I can telnet
in and reboot.

This is the message that I found in the logs:

kernel: uhci-hcd.c: ef80: host controller process error. something bad
happened

kernel: uhci-hcd.c: ef80: host controller halted. very bad

If I can provide more information, please email me directly as I'm not on
the list.

-Michael