Re: New BK License Problem?

From: Jan Harkes (jaharkes@cs.cmu.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 22:40:27 EST

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 04:53:16PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> Anyway, we have the BK data, if you have data that says the rate of change
> has gone down since he started using BK, let's see it. If all you are
> saying is that he isn't publishing ftp-able snapshots every hour, that's
> a problem that HPA or whoever could easily fix with a shell script.

The BK stats don't prove whether the patch drop rate has improved at
all, only what got merged.

And even if Linus is dropping fewer patches, that could very well be a
bad thing. I've had a couple of times that I looked at a dropped patch
while pulling it up to a new kernel release and thought 'ok, what was I
smoking'.

Jan