IDE subsystem issues with 2.4.1[89] [REVISITED]

From: Andre Costa (brblueser@uol.com.br)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 08:47:25 EST

Hi all,

found this msg on kernel ML archives about 2.4.1[89] having probls with
CD audio ripping:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103364684525654&w=2

The poster (Dexter Filmore) has the very same mobo I have (MSI K7T266
Pro2, Athlon XP) and he's experiencing similar probls to the ones I am
experiencing (in my case, lock ups are temporary, don't know if it is
the same with him). Tried the same kernels here, on RH 7.1, using:

gcc-3.2-1
binutils-2.13-1
modutils-2.4.18-2

I know this is a known issue, and you guys are working on it; I also
know many changes to IDE subsystem have been backported from 2.5.x
series, and 2.4.20pre* already reflect some (all?) of them. I don't want
to rush things, I was just curious to know the current status regarding
these IDE issues.

If you need additional info about my system configuration or log
messages, just let me know and I will be happy to provide it.

TIA,

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa