/proc/net/bootpc support for non-ASCII vendor specific tags?

From: Chris Friesen (cfriesen@nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 12:17:22 EST

Currently it appears that /proc/net/bootpc assumes that all reserved
vendor specific tags contain ASCII information. Is this part of the
BOOTP standard? I hadn't thought so, but maybe I'm missing something.

Assuming that binary information is allowable, would a patch printing
out tags 128-254 of the vendor specific information as raw hex
characters be considered acceptable/useful?

I need this for my own purposes, and I'm just wondering if I should
bother trying to push it up.

Chris