Re: export of sys_call_table

From: John Levon (levon@movementarian.org)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 17:58:42 EST

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 06:27:06PM -0400, Robert Love wrote:

> > Hmm, I guess this means oprofile has no chance of working
> > on Red Hat's kernels ? Bummer.
>
> Newer oprofile does not need the exported syscall table.

Right. Assuming Linus is interested in merging the patch.
I've yet to see any kind of comment from him.

> I believe Red Hat 8.0 even ships with oprofile :)

Sort of. They've broken IA64 oprofile, and they seem not to care.

I'm pretty disgusted Arjan sent this patch without even the courtesy of
a Cc: to lkml (apologies if I just missed it).

regards
john

--
"Me and my friends are so smart, we invented this new kind of art:
 Post-modernist throwing darts"