Re: 2.4.39 "Sleeping function called from illegal context at slab.c:1374"

From: Mike Anderson (andmike@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 12:17:38 EST

Andreas,
        I noticed a problem with the scsi_error.c update the I made to
        2.5.40. There is a typo in the the tur check on error handling.
        I tested the patch yesterday and it is recovering better on
        faults.

        I do not know if it will fix your problem, but it might be worth
        a try.

        I will send it to you in bit I am in the process of
        rolling it and other patches that depend on it up.

Andreas Boman [aboman@nerdfest.org] wrote:
> * Mike Anderson (andmike@us.ibm.com) wrote:
> > Andreas,
> > Here is the updated patch.
> >

> Yep, no more warnings on modprobe sg. Unfortenuately the box still hangs after
> modprobe ide-scsi:
>
> scsi1 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
> scsi_eh_offline_sdevs: Device set offline - notready or command retry failedafter error recovery: host1 channel 0 id 0 lun 0
> Vendor: Model: Rev:
> Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 00
> hda: lost interrupt
> ide-scsi: CoD != 0 in idescsi_pc_intr
> hda: DMA disabled
> hda: ATAPI reset complete