Re: Linux 2.5.40-ac1

From: Manfred Spraul (manfred@colorfullife.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 10:53:51 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 16:18, Manfred Spraul wrote:
>
>>There should bit nonatomic bit ops for every byte width.
>>
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=99167415926343&w=2
>>
>>I even sent you the patch proposal, but never got a reply.
>>
>>Patch again attached, but untested.
>

> What about reverse endianness ?

AFAIK, writeX macros should swap as needed, i.e.

        writel(0x100,ioaddr);

should arrive as bit 8 set on the hardware. [please correct me if I'm
wrong] Thus the input into write{b,w,l} should be in host byte order.

        u{8,16,32} array[];

        __set_bit_{8,16,32}(,array);

        write{b,w,l}(array[],ioaddr);

would achieve that.