Re: ide-scsi ooops with 2.5.40 (PIIX4 and DVD)

From: Gregoire Favre (greg@ulima.unil.ch)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 06:31:38 EST

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 09:49:23AM +0000, bonganilinux@mweb.co.za wrote:

> It's actually not an Ooops it is some debug code to capture code
> which is doing the wrong thing. Dont worry about it.

OK, unfortunately, the result is that my DVD-rom is not accesible...

> This is what I am worried about, I also saw this at my home PC, but
> doing cdrecord -scanbus does pick up my cdwiter.

cdrecord -scanbus:
Cdrecord 1.11a26 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.

> BTW: Thanx to whoever fixed ide-scsi I can now boot without getting an
> Oops (that I reported in 2.5.39). Now I seem to have lost the mouse
> but I will look ate that when I get back home.

I don't know if it really an ide-scsi related problem, but I like to be
able to hear music while working...

Thank for your answer,

        Grégoire