md multipathing extensions in 2.4

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree (lmb@suse.de)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 05:28:46 EST

Neil,

please find the revised version of the multipath extensions attached. They
have undergone some testing as part of the United Linux stuff and seem
stable.

They still implement the same features as last time, just fix a bug where they
broke raid0 accidentially. The new changes should be even more contained and
only change behaviour for multipathing in any way.

I've also attached the mdadm patches, so that it is obvious how they affect
userspace. (Because it was so small I've also added a tiny fix to make mdadm
work on 64bit archs in there)

Please consider submitting it to 2.4 and comment on whether you'd like the
changes to go in 2.5 too.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
Principal Squirrel
Research and Development, SuSE Linux AG

``Immortality is an adequate definition of high availability for me.''
	--- Gregory F. Pfister