Re: cpufreq patches for 2.5.39 follow

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 20:22:50 EST

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 03:38, Pavel Machek wrote:
> How does it interact with ACPI? Ie. I do echo "100%100%foo", but ACPI thermal
> managment decides to slow down?

In an ACPI world you probably want ACPI to do the kernel requests to set
the policy not diddle it by hand. "native power control" or whatever
ACPI calls 'not using ACPI' 8)

> > Support for mobile AMD K7 processors is still in development.
>
> What about mobile celerons?

Intel support is poor. Intel have been *extremely* difficult about
speedstep, no documentation, no help, no good explanation of why they
are being a pain either. That there is any speedstep support is thanks
to a lot of work by the cpufreq folks.

Alan