Re: [STUPID TESTCASE] ext3 htree vs. reiserfs on 2.5.40-mm1

From: Hans Reiser (reiser@namesys.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 16:19:25 EST

Andreas Dilger wrote:

> It looks like
>reiserfs is nearly CPU-bound by the tests, so it is unlikely that they
>can run much faster.

Um, usually being CPU bound is easier to fix. We have probably not CPU
profiled this code path, and after Halloween we probably should (but for
reiser4, since reiser3 is soon to be obsoleted). It is being IO bound
that is usually hard to fix, though since I haven't read the htree code
I trust you that it is different in this case....