Re: Oops iee1394 video1394 rmap

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@digeo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 15:25:24 EST

Lawrence Walton wrote:

> I just got a oops playing with a firewire camera.
> I don't think a full report is nessesary, but please spank
> me if not. :) And I will get it out ASAP.
>
> All the iee1394 stuff was built as modules.

> kernel BUG at rmap.c:280!

This would appear to be a page which was mapped by remap_page_range().
It's not PageReserved, and it has no reverse mapping.

I believe the right fix is to just delete the BUG check at rmap.c:280.
Could you please try that? An appropriate test would be to play with
the camera while running something which causes tons of swapout.

Rik, that's right, isn't it?