possible bug

From: undertow (undertow@dexcom.org)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 10:44:38 EST

Im spannish user of linux, I have detected an error on my distro and I
ask to local average users and told me that prob. is a kernel bug.
Sometimes when I do a kill -9 pid the command dont tells any error but
no pid die, the task still freeze but the os works perfect and I can
continue using my linux box with any problem, but I read that a kill -)
command MUST finnish the running task, Im quite newbie with linux but I
hope is a real bug and dont make you losing time.Normaly the freeze task
is edonkey or overnet.
My system specs:
amd k7-900 448 ram
hd ide ibm 40 gb 7200 rpm
voodoo3
mainboard msi ms-6330
distro: MDK 9.0 kernel: 2.4.19-16 mdk

I can make an ssh account on my machine when the problem appear to let
you enter on my linux and watch the problem or I can send you whatever
you want.

see you
Eduardo Galan de Andres
Spain, Madrid