Dead loop on netdevice eth0

From: David Gourdelier (vida@caudium.net)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 07:14:39 EST

   Hi list,

I have troubles with an SMP intel Linux acting as a firewall box (with checkpoint ng fp2 modules). I have the following messages and I use dmesg:

Dead loop on netdevice eth1, fix it urgently!
Dead loop on netdevice eth1, fix it urgently!
Dead loop on netdevice eth1, fix it urgently!
Dead loop on netdevice eth0, fix it urgently!

And some packets are dropped without reasons (around 1% of total traffic) while the firewall rules are ok.

Here is the output from uname -a:
Linux firewall 2.4.9-33cpsmp #1 SMP Sun May 19 13:49:25 IDT 2002 i686 unknown

Do you have any hints ?

Thanks :)

--
  David Gourdelier