Re: Linux v2.5.40 - and a feature freeze reminder

From: jlnance@intrex.net
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 07:25:04 EST

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 12:32:47AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> And if it wasn't clear to the non-2.5-development people out there, yes
> you _should_ also test this code out even before the freeze. The IDE layer
> shouldn't be all that scary any more, and while there are still silly
> things like trivially non-compiling setups etc, it's generally a good idea
> to try things out as widely as possible before it's getting too late to
> complain about things..

Do the ps/2 mouse and the keyboard work like they did in 2.4 (same /dev
major/minor)? I tried 2.5 early on but quit because I couldnt see my
input devices. At the time I posted a note and got some responses, but
it appeared that I would have to change things around such that they
wouldnt work with 2.4 anymore, which I was not willing to do.

Thanks,

Jim