Binary File format

From: Yannis Mitsos (gmitsos@telecom.ntua.gr)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 03:48:08 EST

Hi all,

I am investigating the potential to initiate a project to port a Linux
kernel to a new processor.
This processor lacks of MMU so we have to adopt the uClinux approach.

Currently, the available tools can generate only COFF executable files.
What are the restrictions imposed by this ?? Can we initiate the project
and wait a couple of months until the ELF tools are available ?

 From what I found until now it *seems* that we will not able to compile
the 2.4.x kernel. Is this true ?
Are there any parts that cannot be compiled ? or the functionality of
the tools will not be able to produce image ??

TIA

Yannis