Kernel TUN/TAP Documentation rework

From: Florian Thiel (thiel@ksan.de)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 01:55:16 EST

Hi!

The existing documentation for the tun/tap interface was outdated and in
some ways just plain wrong. It took me at least an evening to figure out
how to get tun/tap to work. I did a rework that should now be correct.

The documentation only applies to Linux! I feel it should be included in
both 2.4 and 2.5. I also send the patch to the author of tun/tap and the
"small fix" maintainers for 2.4 and 2.5. Hope, this is correct.

Greetings, Florian

--
Florian Thiel - Medienzentrum Kassel
Systembetreuung Internet- und Kommunikationstechnik