Re: ide-scsi oops

From: Bob McElrath (mcelrath+kernel@draal.physics.wisc.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 19:50:32 EST

Andre Hedrick [andre@linux-ide.org] wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Bob McElrath wrote:
>
> Would you pass hdc=scsi for the next reboot?

As this is an IDE device I'm not sure what hdc=scsi should do...

However that seems to get rid of the oops. It appears to operate
normally (I can mount CD's, DVD's, play DVD's, and play CD's).
cdparanoia even works (with no sg module installed -- which I thought it
needed) though while it's running the CPU usage jumps to 100%. :(

I see that the Configure.help now says to use "hdx=scsi". I am not sure
where I received the information to use "hdx=ide-scsi" but that did work
with kernel 2.4.18.

Cheers,
-- Bob

Bob McElrath
Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison, Department of Physics

"No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."
    --James Madison, April 20, 1795