Re: Disabled kernel.org accounts

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 19:52:19 EST

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> >>Please note that The Kernel Dot Org Organization do not endorse or
> >>support spam in any shape, way or form,
> >
> > ... but you would, if you were a paying customer of the ISP.
>
> We are living on donated bandwidth, which is hard enough to get. I have
> complained to our sponsor in the hope that they will complain to the
> ISP, but you can imagine how well that goes over. I can't do much.

Agreed, you're in a nasty position. Basically your only hopes are
that (1) Level3 stops actively protecting spammers and kicks them
from their network or (2) your sponsor moves to an ISP that isn't
spam friendly or (3) another sponsor pops up out of the blue.

Until then I wouldn't worry about it and maybe send out the mail
via vger ?

regards,

Rik

Spamtraps of the month: september@surriel.com trac@trac.org