Re: NFS lockd patch proposal for user-level control of the grace period

From: Juan Gomez (juang@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 17:36:39 EST

Christoph, Alan, Neil,

Attached you will find the patch with the sysctl implementation of my
previous patch to enable grace period control from user-land.
Please let me know if this looks good enough for inclusion in the kernel
distribution or whether I still need to do something else.
Note this piece is derived from net/sunrpc/sysctl.c, which by the way I
think has a problem with the READ/WRITE verifys which seem
 to be swicthed which I fixed in lockd version but not there, you may want
to take a look at net/sunrpc/sysctl.c and fix that although that's a minor
thing.

(See attached file: lockd-sysctl.patch)

Regards, Juan

| | Alan Cox |