Re: Need a URL for PPPoE by Michal Ostrowski

From: Ingo Oeser (ingo.oeser@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 03:49:22 EST

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 04:48:09PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:
> In June someone inquired about the Ostrowski's pppoe patch for pppd and was
> pointed to the ppp cvs archive at samba. However it seems the cvs archive
> there only has a roaring-penguin pppoe module, not the native kernel
> implementation.
>
> What happened to the cleaner kernel implementation that didn't require extra
> user-space packet filters?

The roaring-penguin solution can use the in-kernel module, if
requested.

Mr. Ostrowski isn't maintaining his patch anymore, it seems.

The pppd got the plugin-architecture, as requested but didn't
adapt the pppoe module from Mr. Ostrowksi.

Maybe he himself or the PPP maintainer could elaborate, if they
read the message.

Regards

Ingo Oeser

--
Science is what we can tell a computer. Art is everything else. --- D.E.Knuth