Re: Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac3

From: Alan Cox (alan@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 18:04:52 EST

> > > Sep 5 12:11:21 localhost cardmgr[854]: executing: './ide start hde'
> > > Sep 5 12:11:21 localhost kernel: hde: bad special flag: 0x03
> > >
> > > [locked tight]
> >
> > On the end of the insert or on the removal ?
>
> just after the insert.

Does pre4-ac do the same ? There is a change or two in the irq masking on
the probes and this does sound like an IRQ jam up. (You might find removing
the card unjams the kernel - depends)

I've tried duplicating the problem here loading an IDE PCMICA card and
I get the usual behaviour - it hangs briefly then continues happily. The
hang needs looking at - it seems we may have some IRQ handling issues
there anyway