Re: [patch] ptrace-fix-2.5.33-A1

From: Ingo Molnar (mingo@elte.hu)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 15:06:36 EST

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> You're right, we just need to clear p->ptrace. And there was a problem
> with debugged detached tasks. Ingo, does this look right to you? It
> passes my testing. Handle unlinking in release_task instead of at both
> call sites, since they both need it.

your patch works for me - in fact it works better than the one i sent. I
had another (largely unrelated) patch which i suspected to cause hung
unkillable zombies while stracing an application - it turned out that your
patch fixes this artifact as well.

(Linus, please apply Daniel's patch, not mine.)

        Ingo