Re: One more bio for for floppy users in 2.5.33..

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 13:38:15 EST

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Jens Axboe wrote:

> However, I don't see how this is a two-liner change. Basically you are
> changing bi_end_io() from a completion to partial completion invokation,

Right. So we'll add one

        bio->bi_end_io(bio, nr_sectors)

to the partial bio completion case in "finish_that_request_first()".

That's one line.

The other line is

        if (bio->bi_size) return;

which has to be added to the end-request thing.

(yeah, yeah, there are several end-request functions, and we need to fix
up the function prototypes too etc, but the point is that the actual
_work_ is just two real lines of new code).

                        Linus