Re: [linux-usb-devel] Feiya 5-in-1 Card Reader

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 18:10:42 EST

Nope, not confused.

I'm trying to find out why Windows doesn't choke on the strange
READ_CAPACITY value. My guess is that there is code somewhere to
universally fixup READ_CAPACITY, and I'd like to know what the magic
formula is.

The MODE_SENSE bit is fine by me. But it's a SCSI change, so I'm not the
person to ask. The fix to sddr09.c for that seems reasonable, but you put
it all together and I haven't had time to split it up. Of course, I fully
expect the changes to MODE_SENSE in the SCSI layer to break other USB
devices, but there is only one way to find out....

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

It's not that hard. No matter what the problem is, tell the customer to reinstall Windows. -- Nurse User Friendly, 3/22/1998