Re: [BUG] 2.5.33 PCI and/or starfire.c broken

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 00:12:00 EST

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 10:04:01PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> Might I suggest you port that "kludge" to the new 2.5 pci code, as the
> whole goal of those large PCI changes was due to some NUMA changes that
> you and Matt wanted to get into the main kernel.
> Remember, you have your own file to play with now, so put all the
> brain-damaged NUMA crap into it :)

It's a wee bit less brain-damaged than crackly sound cards with only 24
out of 32 address lines wired. At any rate, the issue is in all
likelihood that that support file is being circumvented. It's obviously
getting wrong information when it asks to read from a given bus as
there are no PCI devices off of node 0 (as this hasn't worked in a long
time), so perhaps a disassembly or other fishing around will reveal
whose pci config space accessors are actually being called here.

Cheers,
Bill