SCSI disk error

From: Alex Adriaanse (alex_a@caltech.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 13:24:27 EST

Hi there,

I got the following error message last night on one of my SCSI disks:

SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 6 lun 0 return code = 100ff
 I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 38584
raid1: Disk failure on scsi/host0/bus0/target6/lun0/part1, disabling device.
        Operation continuing on 1 devices

Is there any way to look up what the return code means? By the way,
badblocks doesn't seem to return any bad blocks, and I can still access the
disk (including the first partition) just fine. I found documentation for
my hard drive at
http://www.fcpa.fujitsu.com/download/download/hard-drives/man10krpm-scsi-man
ual.pdf where it has sense data information on page 115, but I'm not sure if
that's the right place to look.

I'm running kernel 2.4.19, and have a Tekram DC-390U3W (SYM53C8XX_2 driver)
SCSI controller with two Fujitsu MAN3367MP drives.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alex