Re: [kde-linux] Can't find qt libs...

From: Gene Heskett (gene_heskett@iolinc.net)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 08:04:49 EST

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 07:48, Jerry McBride wrote:
>Why is it that after I successfully compile qt3 and kde3.0.x...
> that I can never go back and
>recompile the beast without kde's ./configure scripts not being
> able to find qt3?? it acts like a
>onetime shot at compiling and then never again.
>
>It's a pain in the ass. What's the skinny, if any one knows?

And its not just kde. I have several things that won't configure
because the *&%&^%$ libqt-mt.so in >= qt-3.0.2 can't be found.
There are 4 copies of 3.0.4 scattered about my system. Its a real
problem that so far evertone seems to think will go away if our
$QTDIR is set correctly, and/or we use the --with-qt-libs= options.

It doesn't go away no matter how much the rest of this list wishes
*we* would.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M