Re: aic7xxx sets CDR offline, how to reset?

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 10:50:11 EST

> I'm running 2.4.19, using AIC7XXX 6.2.8.
> SCSI devices are 0:0:0 hard disk and 0:6:0 CDR.
> During CD burning, errors sometimes occur and aic7xxx driver
> sets the CDR offline. Is there a way to reset the device and
> set it online again _without_rebooting_ ?

I don't know that any mechanism currently exists. It shouldn't be
too hard to create on though. Just modify the proc handler in
drivers/scsi/scsi.c.

While your looking at that, I would like to better understand why the
device is being set offline. The message listing you've provided is
not complete. If you send me all of the messages output by the driver
from boot through failure I will try to diagnose your problem.

--
Justin