Re: [Oops]: Kernel BUG at dcache.c:345 (kernel 2.4.19)

From: Markus Blatt (Markus.Blatt@web.de)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 06:02:07 EST

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 03:41:15PM +0200, mblatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Starting from kernel version 2.4.18 I irregularly get kernel oopses
> which do not seem to depend on using special applications but rather
> on the amount auf memory used.
>
> [snip]

As I got quite some unmotivated sigs in the last time, I also made some
Hardware tests.

According to memtest my ram seems to be Ok. Unfortnately after heavy use
even building the kernel crashes while it succeeds directly after booting.

So I fear that there is Problem with the cooling of my cpu.

Maybe those kernel oopses could be due to that problem too.

I apologize bothering you maybe for nothing.

Regards,

Markus Blatt