Re: [Lse-tech] Re: (RFC): SKB Initialization

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 18:55:46 EST

   From: "Mala Anand" <manand@us.ibm.com>
   Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:38:59 -0500

   To name a few, interrupts are disabled when skbs are put back to the
   hot_list

A few cycles, at best, it should not be enough to skew the profiling

   and when the cache list is accessed in the slab allocator. Am I missing
   something? Please help me to understand.

Which means if this were enough to skew profiling, it would make the
program counter of the interrupt enable instruction in the SLAB code
show up clearly in the profiles.