Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] cfbimgblt.c

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@infradead.org)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 13:27:56 EST

> Hi,
>
> I want to address some of the limitations of cfbimgblt.c, but
> unfortunately I ended up practically rewriting the whole code. In
> theory, the code (slow_imageblit):

Done.

> a. supports all possible bit depths

Needs to added.

> b. should be able to handle destination writes that are not aligned by
> an unsigned long

Not added.
> c. should be able to handle fix->line_length not a multiple of an
> unsigned long

Access is also a unsigned long but currently is not aligned. It will be
fixed.
> d. framebuffer access is always the size of an unsigned long and aligned

Yeah!!!
> e. preliminary code for drawing the logo.

Paul please test the code.

> f. added Paul Mackerra's endianness patch (plus some of my own), but I
> have no big-endian machine, so it's untested, and perhaps incorrect.

> The only tests I've done for slow_imageblit is at 8, 16, 24, and 32 bpp,
> and forcibly misaligning image->dx by 1 pixel. The code is slow, so I
> included fast_imageblit for 8, 16 and 32 bpp which is an implementation
> of fbcon-cfb8/16/32.c.

Will begin testing today.

MS: (n) 1. A debilitating and surprisingly widespread affliction that
renders the sufferer barely able to perform the simplest task. 2. A disease.

James Simmons [jsimmons@users.sf.net] ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net U