RFC: patch to pdc202xx.c; help wanted please

From: Ruth Ivimey-Cook (Ruth.Ivimey-Cook@ivimey.org)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 07:51:13 EST

Folks,

I've played a bit more with the patch for /proc/ide/pdc202xx, but am having
problems with getting correct 'hwif' values. If I boot with this change, it
starts up as expected until it dies in the BUG() I inserted in the tune
function, about line 606.

I am aware I'm very much a newbie here, and any pointers are gratefully
accepted.

I've attached the patch (against 2.4.19) and the full file, if that's easier
reading.

Thanks

Ruth

--