Re: need help with pci_module_init

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 22:17:40 EST

harish.vasudeva@amd.com wrote:> hi folks

> pci_module_init() works fine only the first time i load my driver.
> subsequent loads will fail with this call returning -19!! any clues?

It works in the various PCI drivers in drivers/net/* ... I debug
modules all the time by repeatedly loading and unloading them.

Make sure to check that you are using SET_MODULE_OWNER immediately
following your alloc_etherdev() call. It sounds like you might have
messed-up module counts. Also "cat /proc/modules" to check the module
reference count correctness.

        Jeff