Re: Funding GPL projects or funding the GPL?

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 00:32:56 EST

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 01:21:56AM -0400, Alexander Viro wrote:
> [more spew snipped]
>
> Larry, do you really like the company? Slashdorks and pretentious
> self-important wankers speaking PHBese... YMMV, but IMO "prose" above
> is every bit as disgusting as usual GPL advocacy. Same depth of
> thought and amount of clue behind it, same lack of taste...

I'm not a big fan of fanatics and I see your point. My perspective is
probably skewed from the whole BK experience. These guys may be a
waste of time but I don't see why they should be shut down. I happen
to agree that there is a problem which needs solving. If they want to
solve it, or better yet, if they simply act as a catalyst and someone
else solves it, that's cool by me.

--
---