Re: Linux-2.5.28

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 23:40:40 EST

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I'm talking about people who don't even bother to do
> bug-reports, but only trash-talk the maintenance.

On that note, let me mention the machines I personally am using IDE, and
apparently do not see problems: a dual PII with "Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4
IDE", and a P4 with "SiS 5513 IDE (rev 208)".

Both setups in DMA mode, both setups have one disk per channel (first
channel is disk, second channel is CD-ROM).

So what are the patterns for "working" vs "broken"?

                Linus