Re: How to mount "multimedia" audio cdroms

From: Paul (set@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 22:50:42 EST

Matt Simonsen <matt@careercast.com>, on Fri Jul 26, 2002 [11:26:55 AM] said:
> Is there a way to mount multimedia audio cds under Linux so that instead
> of the .inf file and video you can listen to the audio tracks?
>
> Thanks
> Matt

        Hi;

        I dont know if this will do what you want, or no. I also
dont know how active it is...

http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/

Paul
set@pobox.com

---
CDfs is a file system for Linux systems that `exports' all tracks
and boot images on a CD as normal files. These files can then be
mounted (e.g. for ISO and boot images), copied, played (audio and
VideoCD tracks)... The primary goal for developing this file
system was to `unlock' information
in old ISO images. For instance, if you have a multisession CD
with two ISO images that both contain the file 'a', you only see
the file 'a' in the second session if you use the iso9660 file
system:
---