Re: [RFC] Scalable statistics counters using kmalloc_percpu

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 14:53:04 EST

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 12:50:12PM -0700, Robert Love wrote:
> In current 2.5? I thought Andrew and I fixed all those issues and
> pushed them to Linus...
> The `configurable NR_CPUS' patch works fine for me. I always boot with
> NR_CPUS=2.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to test in time, these things are slow to
boot and my testing bandwidth is limited. Please hold off until the
issue is resolved. You *will* prevent me from booting. IO-APIC APIC ID
reassignment panics. I'll follow up after this when the thing comes up
into the kernel exhibiting the problem.

Cheers,
Bill