How to start on new db-based FS?

From: Johnny Q. Hacker (trelane@neurotek.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 11:07:42 EST

Hello.

I'm looking to start work in the next half-year to year on a filesystem
  with LDAP and then maybe later someSQL backing. Where's a good place
  to start? I'm going to have a look at NFS, because I think I might
  be able to use its interface into the kernel (I'm planning on making
  it a userspace daemon). Maybe autofs, although I think that's a
  different interface.
Any recommendations on what I should read before delving in? Books,
  articles, web sites, code bases are all fair game.
Thanks!

-Joseph

--
"We're moving toward a world where all the capabilities of the Internet
 are reprocessed through a single filter, with Microsoft's business plan